Interested in being part of our Drone Summer Camp Training?
Reasons Why Kids Should Learn To Code
When it comes to preparing your children for the future, there are a few ways to do so like helping them learn to code! Coding helps kids develop academic skills, build qualities like perseverance and organization, and gain valuable 21st century skills that can even translate into a career. From the Tynker blog, here are the top 10 reasons kids should learn to code:
Coding Improves Academic Performance
1. Math: Coding helps kids visualize abstract concepts, lets them apply math to real-world situations, and makes math fun and creative!
2. Writing: Kids who code understand the value of concision and planning, which results in better writing skills. Many kids even use Tynker as a medium for storytelling!
3. Creativity: Kids learn through experimentation and strengthen their brains when they code, allowing them to embrace their creativity.
4. Confidence: Parents enthusiastically report that they’ve noticed their kids’ confidence building as they learn to problem-solve through coding!
Coding Builds Soft Skills
5. Focus and Organization: As they write more complicated code, kids naturally develop better focus and organization.
6. Resilience: With coding comes debugging – and there’s no better way to build perseverance and resilience than working through challenges!
7. Communication: Coding teaches logical communication, strengthening both verbal and written skills. Think about it: learning code means learning a new language!
Coding Paves a Path to the Future
8. Empowerment: Kids are empowered to make a difference when they code – we’ve seen children use the platform to spread messages of tolerance and kindness!
9. Life Skills: Coding is a basic literacy in the digital age, and it’s important for kids to understand – and be able to innovate with – the technology around them.
10. Career Preparation: There’s a high demand for workers in the tech industry; mastering coding at a young age allows kids to excel in any field they choose!